Ann Taylor (1928 - ) read medicine at Somerville, gaining a First in Physiology and Biochemistry in 1949. After graduating B.M., B.Ch. (1956), she was appointed Lecturer in Physiology at St Anne’s in 1957; she was elected to a Tutorial Fellowship in Physiology and became a member of the Governing Body in 1959. She moved to the U.S. in 1963 to join her husband at Stanford University School of Medicine, where she commenced the research studies for which she gained international recognition. She held faculty positions in the Department of Physiology at Cornell University Medical College from1975 – 1980. She returned to Oxford on her appointment as University Lecturer in Physiology, and Fellow and Tutor in Physiology at St Edmund Hall (SEH), in 1980. She was elected to an Emeritus Fellowship at SEH on her retirement in 1995.