The SAS Committee organise an annual Spring event to raise funds for the Domus Fund for Bursaries. Recent events have included a talk by Jane Gardam, ‘In Search of Identity’ (2009), a lecture by Dr Andrew Klevan, Non-Tutorial Fellow and University Lecturer in Film Studies, entitled ‘Internalising the Musical’ (2010) and a quiz night hosted by Jane Darnton and Gillian Reynolds (2011), and hosted by Hugh Sutherland (2013). Both quiz nights raised just over £500 which will fund a graduate bursary at St Anne’s.
In addition, the SAS Committee organise the annual Gaudy event, which is open to all St Anne’s alumnae and their guests. The Gaudy brings together alumnae with intellectual content and debate, and is an opportunity to be reunited with your contemporaries. Recent Gaudy Seminars have covered topics including food security, publishing, and education. The 2016 Gaudy Seminar, 'Our built heritage: a gem or a millstone? What's worth keeping and why?', is available to listen again at podcasts.ox.ac.uk/series/st-annes-college.
If you want to know more about the SAS, or are interested in joining the committee, please contact us at email@example.com.
The SAS Committee:
- President – Hugh Sutherland
- Vice President – Jackie Ingram
- Honorary Secretary – Maureen Hazell
- Honorary Treasurer – Jane Darnton
- Honorary Editor – Judith Vidal-Hall
- Ex Officio – Helen King, Ali Albrecht
- Until 2019 –Clare Dryhurst
- Until 2019 – David Royal
- Bristol and West Branch – Contact Ann Revill
- Cambridge Branch – Sue Collins
- London Branch – Clare Dryhurst
- Midlands Branch – Jane Darnton
- North East Branch – David Royal
- North West Branch – Maureen Hazell
- Oxford Branch – Hugh Sutherland
- South of England Branch – Stella Charman
The SAS Constitution
View the Constitution of the SAS, updated in 2016.