St Anne’s College in the University of Oxford is deeply grateful to all donors for their generous support. Philanthropy is an essential part of St Anne’s, and the College is committed to treating all of its donors with consideration and respect. The Charter is the College’s commitment to its donors.
- Inform donors of the way we intend to use donated resources, and of our commitment to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- Acknowledge every gift swiftly, and provide appropriate recognition and publicity in consultation with the donor. If a donor prefers to give anonymously, this wish will be respected.
- Keep donors updated about the impact of their philanthropy and on St Anne’s evolving needs and priorities.
- Provide our recent published financial accounts and other relevant financial information in an easily accessible format (usually in our Annual Review published in January).
- Provide progress reports and updates to donors on supported activity.
- Apply the donation to the purpose specified by the donor (subject to it being accepted for that purpose). College funds are audited externally and then signed off by our Trustees (Governing Body).
- In the case of legacies to St Anne’s, we will liaise with the executors of the estate to ensure that the legacy is used in the manner intended; if there are any difficulties in applying a restricted donation, alternative uses for the donation will be discussed with the executors.
- Where the donor restricts the application of their donation, St Anne’s will apply the gift to the purpose originally intended. Academic priorities will change from time to time. Should this happen, alternative uses for restricted donations will be discussed with the donor or the donor’s representative.
- If, in the opinion of the Trustees of the College, a proposed donation may conflict with the College’s values or strategy, we shall discuss this with the donor and such a gift may not be accepted.
Freedom of Information
St Anne’s College is subject to the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Further information can be viewed at: www.st-annes.ox.ac.uk/about/policy-and-governance/freedom-of-information
Your data is held securely in the collegiate University’s shared Development and Alumni Relations System (DARS). Full details on how your data is held and used are set out in our Data Protection Statement at the following web link www.campaign.ox.ac.uk/dataprotection. You can also request a hard copy from us. Some sensitive personal data may be held in DARS. If at any time you wish to change the fact of, or extent of, use of your personal data, or no longer wish to receive a specific communication, please contact us.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of the Donor Charter or other matters concerning development activity at St Anne’s, please contact: Jules Foster, Director of Development. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01865 284536. Email, letter and phone enquiries requiring an answer, will be responded to within seven working days.