(Project 1) Small String Orchestra + Solo Trumpet (Simon Desbruslais)
- Instrumentation: Solo Trumpet + Strings (18.104.22.168.1)
- Performances at St Anne’s College (Friday 27th November), and at Grand Temple Hall, London (Thursday 11th December). The St Anne’s Camerata with the Maxwell String Quartet.
- Task: To arrange designated festive winter tunes, appropriate to different faiths, to contrast Henri Busser’s Variations on Adeste Fideles (4-5 orchestrators).
(Project 2) Large Symphony Orchestra
- Instrumentation: 2+1.2+1.2+1.2 / 4331 / T 5P Hp / Str.
- Performance by massed secondary school chorus and orchestra (Oxfordshire County Youth Orchestra), Sheldonian Theatre, Saturday 14th March 2015, conducted by John Traill.
- Task: To arrange and orchestrate set works for chorus and orchestra (6 orchestrators, one circa 5 minute work each)
- Applicants must be FHS orchestrators, receiving tutorial tuition.
- Interested candidates will be asked to orchestrate and submit a short excerpt, for the forces associated with each project (above) – to be shortlisted by Prof. Saxton and Dr Traill.
- Please indicate in your covering letter whether you are applying for Project 1, Project 2, or both.
For further information, please contact Dr John Traill (john.traill[at]music.ox.ac.uk)