The collegiate system allows graduate students to benefit from belonging to both a large, internationally renowned institution and to a smaller, interdisciplinary, academic college community.
College Selection Criteria for Graduates
- Applicants must first have been accepted by a Department or Faculty of the University of Oxford before any college or permanent private hall may consider them.
- Applications are considered for any of the courses in which the College offers admission. Please consult the following list to see these courses: http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/postgraduate_courses/college_guide/index.html.
- Applications are usually considered by the Tutor for Graduates and the Academic Registrar.
- Preference will normally be given to applicants whose area of study overlaps with the academic interests of the College’s academic staff.
- The College aims to admit a certain number of graduate students each year spread across the range of subjects in which it accepts graduate students, and this will determine the number of offers which can be made to applicants. Where there are more applicants than offers which can be made, the relative academic merit and potential of the applicants may be taken into account. It may not be possible to make offers to applicants whose applications are received late in the admissions round, when places are full.
- The possession of competitively-won funding may be taken into account as an indicator of the applicant’s academic merit and potential.
- The final decision on whether to offer a place in the light of the overall competition for graduate places and the spread of those places across subject areas is usually taken by the Tutor for Graduates.
- Please note that any offer of a place will be subject to satisfactory completion of the financial declaration form that will be sent to the applicant as part of the offer of a place. Please consult this guidance for more details http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/fees-and-funding/financial-declaration].
- Preference may be given to current or past students of the College who meet the selection criteria described above.