The Bodleian Libraries and the College Library remain closed and the St Anne’s Librarians are mostly working from home. We know that studying without access to libraries will be challenging for many of our students. There are a number of options which we hope will provide you with the texts you need over the coming weeks.
All books borrowed from the College Library have been renewed until 17 June unless they were overdue and had already accrued fines at the end of last term. We will waive College Library fines from the Easter Vacation.
E-books and e-journals
Where possible, use the e-books and e-journals provided by the Bodleian through SOLO. See the Library’s webpage for details on accessing e-resources and for links to further information on the work that the Bodleian is doing to “Keep the University Reading.”
The Library is now able to provide a scanning service twice a week:
- Up to 1 chapter/1 article or 10% of a book can be scanned and supplied by email
- To request scans, please use the form on the Library website (https://www.st-annes.ox.ac.uk/life-here/library/contact/scan/) which includes a copyright declaration. We cannot send any scans to you without confirmation that you have read and agree to the copyright declaration.
- We aim to provide the scanning service on Mondays and Thursdays. Please send your requests by 10.00am.
If a book you need is not available online and we have a copy of it in the College Library, we may be able to post it to you:
- Send details of the title, author, shelfmark and the edition number/publication date if you need a specific edition to email@example.com
- Include your delivery address in the email.
- Please limit your requests to 2-3 books at a time. We will not be able to post every book on a long reading list to you, so try to concentrate your requests on the most essential texts.
- We aim to post books out on Mondays and Thursdays. Please send your requests by 10.00am.
- Postal deliveries are taking longer than normal, so allow for extra time before your deadline when you request a postal loan.
Requests for new books
We are happy to receive requests for purchase of books not currently held in the Library. Where possible, we will arrange for new books to be posted direct to you from our suppliers, providing that the book is not already available online:
- Send details of the title, author, and the edition number/publication date if you need a specific edition to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your delivery address in the email and the name of your tutor/supervisor.
- Books delivered directly to you will be added to the Library collection when you have finished with them, so please look after them and do not write in them!
If you are struggling to find material, let the librarians know by contacting email@example.com.
Students living in College should also see the section on Academic Work on the webpages for Students living on site.