The Kathleen Bourne Junior Research Fellowship in French
Closing date: Noon on Thursday 20th April 2017
The Governing Body of St Anne's College invites applications for the Kathleen Bourne Junior Research Fellowship, tenable from 1 October 2017, for two years in the first instance, with a possibility of a third and final year. The JRF is open to those intending to pursue research in Modern Languages who are at an early stage of their academic career, typically at post-doctoral level. The Fellowship is offered for research in any French subject, primarily (i) French language and literature; or (ii) French architecture, art, history, music or philosophy.
The candidate will carry out research, teaching and will contribute to the intellectual life of the College.
Applications will be judged primarily on the basis of the candidate’s potential to undertake a significant and exciting programme of research in some area of French language or literature, or French architecture, art, history, music, music, philosophy, as evidenced by their research proposal, publication record and academic references.
1) Possess a high level of research ability in their chosen area of French.
2) Possess a strong educational record.
3) Candidates will be expected to be have, or to be very near to completion of their doctorate before taking up the fellowship.
4) Have a coherent proposed research programme for the duration of the Fellowship, of a standard which will contribute to and enhance the profile of Modern Languages in the University.
5) Have a record of publications and other output demonstrating research expertise in French, both published and forthcoming, appropriate to the career stage of the applicant.
6) Be able to communicate well about her/his subject.
Salary and Benefits
• Stipend, including 4 hours of teaching per week, will be £25,878 (this figure may be reduced to take account of any award or grant already held by or promised to the successful applicant).
• Free accommodation (bed-sitting room) if available and required; otherwise a living-out allowance of £4,297 pa will be paid.
• The Fellow will be a member of the Senior Common Room, and will be entitled to all meals free during term, and breakfast and one main meal a day during vacation, except when the hall is closed.
• Research Allowance up to £1,000 per annum
• You will become a member of the Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS). Details of the pension scheme are available via the University of Oxford’s USS webpage.
How to Apply
1) A completed Appointing Committee’s Form (page 5 of the Further Particulars).
2) A Curriculum Vitae.
3) A Research statement (not more than 500 words) setting out your research interests.
4) Two academic references. Referees should be asked to write (in English please) directly to the Executive Assistant (email above), without waiting for a request from the College.
5) Candidates are also invited to complete the voluntary equal opportunities form and return it by post to St Anne’s College, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. These forms are used for monitoring purposes and will not be seen by the selection committee.
Interviews are expected to take place on 2nd May.
Dining Hall Supervisor
Permanent, full time
St Anne’s College seeks to appoint a Dining Hall Supervisor. Working 36.25 hours per week in our busy Catering department, the roster will be a combination of morning, day, evening and some weekend shifts. Shift times may vary depending on College needs.
Working as part of a dedicated team you will be responsible for the supervision and service of all meals served to Fellows, Lecturers, Students, Staff, special dinners, conferences and private functions, ensuring that all tasks are completed to the highest standard and delivered with a professional approach.
Benefits include: a staff pension scheme and free meals when on duty and the dining hall is open.
Please see the full job description here.
If you would like to apply please download and return an application form with a CV and a covering letter stating why you are interested in, and suitable for, this role to email@example.com .
The closing date is 6th April 2017 at 12 noon. Interviews are expected to take place on 19th April.
Applicants are encouraged to complete and return a voluntary equal opportunities form.
Applications (Support Roles)
If you are applying for any of our support staff vacancies we will require:
• a covering letter, stating why you are interested in and suitable for the role
• a full CV
• a completed application form (download from the job details).
Ideally these should be sent as email attachments in a word or pdf format. The email text should state which role you are applying for.
Please see the individual job details for further information on how to apply.
We may be unable to open attachments if the email accompanying them is blank or unclear.
Incomplete applications may not be processed.
Postal applications can be sent to HR Office, St Anne’s College, Woodstock Road, Oxford, OX2 6HS.
St Anne's College is an equal opportunities employer.