Academic Office

The Academic Office is led by the Senior Tutor and Academic Registrar and is located on the first floor of Hartland House. The office handles all academic administration for students, from admissions to graduation.

Students are welcome to drop in at any time to discuss any academic issues, or ask any questions. We can also help with queries about admissions, College committees, University Cards, collections, internships and can stamp any official documents (such as status letters, enrolment certificates and travel cards).

We are open from 09.00 – 13.00 and 14.00 – 17.00, Monday to Friday.

Please contact us with any queries you may have. If you are unsure where to direct your email, please contact and it will be forwarded on to the appropriate person.


The University provides official transcripts for students who commenced study from 2007 onwards, including on-course transcripts for current students. These can be ordered via the University Online Store – full details can be found on the University website.

For students who commenced study prior to 2007, the Academic Office can provide a transcript, giving details of dates of attendance, degree course(s), examinations taken, marks achieved, and degree class. In the first instance, please complete and submit this Data Release Permission Form. For those who commenced study prior to 1989, we will provide as much information as possible on the transcript, but may not be able to include a full breakdown of academic results. In this case, we will issue a degree confirmation letter.

Replacement Degree Certificates

The University provides replacement degree certificates for all students. These can be ordered via the University Online Store – full details can be found on the University website.

Enrolment Certificate for Current Students

If you require a letter confirming your status as a student, please print an Enrolment Certificate from the Student Service-Service. This Certificate may be used for visa applications, council tax exemption, opening a bank account, and, if necessary, registering with the police. The Academic Office will be happy to stamp your certificate for you.

If you require the College stamp for any documents, you must ensure that you bring this to the Academic Office, with identification, in good time. Only staff within the Academic Office are permitted to stamp College documents.

The University Card

Students require a University Card (also known as a Bod card) to gain access to libraries, computing and printing services, and some University buildings. Payment for meals in the Dining Hall and STACs is also via your University Card. A meal account runs alongside your battels, and you can check your meal credit balance at the Dining Hall tills. Payments for meal top‐ups can be done online.